Practicesuite Support page
The following step by step instructions will show you how to perform the following tasks in Practicesuite.
Login into Practicesuite
Create a permanent password
Search for Patients
Create a New account
Set Patient communication preferences for automated schedule reminders
Add Patient Insurance Information
Run Real-time Eligibility Verification.
Account #: PS6987
Click on the "PATIENT" link from the menu located on the LEFT side of the screen to open up the "Patient Search" screen.
To avoid creating a duplicate account for a patient, Search for the Patient first by using one of the filters available and hit the Enter key. If the search did not match an existing patient account, proceed to create a New Patient account.
Click on the "+ New Patient" link on the upper right corner of the screen to begin creating a new patient account.
Enter the required data into the appropriate fields and click on the "SAVE" button to proceed. You must complete and save the patient demographics section first, before you can proceed to entering the Patient's Insurance Information.
* Use the PC REF# Field and Enter the patient's Account Number from the Previous System.
- Use ALL Uppercase Letters for easy viewing.
- Use a “SPACE” instead of a dash for hyphenated names.
- Patient Names must match EXACTLY as they appear on Patient’s Insurance Card or The Eligibility response may return a "False Inactive" response.
Click on the + Insurance button
Search for insurance by typing the first three letters of the Insurance Name on the Insurance Field.
Select from any suggested match. If a matching insurance is not found, please call Vanessa at (718) 406-6762 or email email@example.com and request to add an Insurance to the list.
Complete the section and Click "SAVE".
SUBSCRIBER ID’s must not contain spaces, dashes or any special character.
For AMERICHOICE and The EMPIRE PLAN. Please use UNITED HEALTHCARE NY
RELATIONSHIP – If patient is a dependent, select the appropriate relationship and complete the subscriber information section below.
INSURANCE CARD TAB - Upload an image of the the front and back of the patient's Insurance card by selecting the image file from your computer and click upload.
Real-Time Eligibility Verification lets you run the patient's eligibility at the time of service.
Perform Eligibility Verification REGULARLY (as often as necessary) to avoid Insurance denials due to NON-COVERAGE.
Open the Patient account and locate the ELIGIBILITY link on the left side of the Demographic Section.
If the patient has more than one Insurance payers entered in the insurance profile, select the Insurance you wish to check from the drop down menu.
Enter the date of service or enter a range by changing the date in the "TO:" field.
Click the "CHECK NOW" button to run Eligibility.
- Each Eligibility response is automatically saved. Previous Eligibility transactions can be reviewed and found in the ELIGIBILITY HISTORY SECTION on the left. NO NEED TO PRINT.
- ELIGIBILITY CHECK FAILED: Eligibility response may fail due to data mismatch between the information entered in Practicesuite and information the insurance company have on file. Double check to make sure the information entered into PracticeSuite matches the information on the patient’s Insurance ID.