Stuck? Have a Question?
LOGIN INTO PRACTICESUITE
Account #: PS6987
Click on the “PATIENT” link from the menu located on the LEFT side of the screen to open up the “Patient Search” screen.
To avoid creating a duplicate account for a patient, Search for the Patient first by using one of the filters available and hit the Enter key. If the search did not match an existing patient account, proceed to create a New Patient account.
Click on the “+ New Patient” link on the upper right corner of the screen to begin creating a new patient account.
Enter the required data into the appropriate fields and click on the “SAVE” button to proceed. You must complete and save the patient demographics section first, before you can proceed to entering the Patient’s Insurance Information.
IMPORTANT: Use the PC REF# Field and Enter the patient’s Account Number from the Previous System.
- Use ALL Uppercase Letters for easy viewing.
- Use a “SPACE” instead of a dash for hyphenated names.
- Patient Names must match EXACTLY as they appear on Patient’s Insurance Card or The Eligibility response may return a “False Inactive” response.
- Click in the Rendering Provider box and choose the name of the Rendering provider from the list. The Rendering Provider will automatically be added as the PCP/Ref. Physician in the box
- If the PCP/Referring Physician is different but is from the same practice, click in the box to list all the providers and choose the PCP/Referring Physician from the list.
- If the PCP/Referring Physician is not in the list, to search or add the PCP/Referring Physician. The buttons to search and add providers will be displayed as shown below.
- Click on the search button to open the Provider Search screen. Type the name or part of the name of the provider and click the Search button. The providers having the given name will be listed as shown below.
- Click on the required provider from the list. The providers name will be displayed in the PCP/Ref. Physician box.
- If the provider does not appear in the list, you will have to add the provider. Click on the NEW button next to the PCP/Referring Physician box.
- When adding new PCP or Referring Physician to the database, make sure you have the proivider’s NPI. or SEARCH for NPI here.
- Each Referring Provider must be assigned a unique code. Suggestion: Use the providers initials plus last three digits of the providers NPI.
When done with entering patient demographic information, click the SAVE button to proceed to Adding Insurance Information.
PATIENT INSURANCE and ELIGIBILITY
Click on the + Insurance button
Search for insurance by typing the first three letters of the Insurance Name on the Insurance Field.
Select the correct insurance from the matching suggestions.
IMPORTANT: Do Not Attempt to enter New Payer/ Insurance to the list of payers in the system. Pertinent information is required and certain parameters are set for proper claiming purposes.
If a matching insurance is not found, please call Vanessa at (718) 406-6762 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and request to add an Insurance to the list.
Complete the section and Click “SAVE”.
SUBSCRIBER ID’s must not contain spaces, dashes or any special character.
For AMERICHOICE and The EMPIRE PLAN. Please use UNITED HEALTHCARE NY
RELATIONSHIP – If patient is a dependent, select the appropriate relationship and complete the subscriber information section below.
INSURANCE CARD TAB – Upload an image of the the front and back of the patient’s Insurance card by selecting the image file from your computer and click upload.
Real-Time Eligibility Verification lets you run the patient’s eligibility at the time of service.
Perform Eligibility Verification REGULARLY (as often as necessary) to avoid Insurance denials due to NON-COVERAGE.
Open the Patient account and locate the ELIGIBILITY link on the left side of the Demographic Section.
If the patient has more than one Insurance payers entered in the insurance profile, select the Insurance you wish to check from the drop down menu.
Enter the date of service or enter a range by changing the date in the “TO:” field.
Click the “CHECK NOW” button to run Eligibility.
- Each Eligibility response is automatically saved. Previous Eligibility transactions can be reviewed and found in the ELIGIBILITY HISTORY SECTION on the left. NO NEED TO PRINT.
- ELIGIBILITY CHECK FAILED: Eligibility response may fail due to data mismatch between the information entered in Practicesuite and information the insurance company have on file. Double check to make sure the information entered into PracticeSuite matches the information on the patient’s Insurance ID.
Modernizing Medicine (EMA)
LOGIN INTO EMA
Patient Registration ON EMA is equivalent to Putting together a Patient Chart.
Remember: New Patient Registration Can only be performed on the “Desktop Version” of EMA using the Google Chrome web browser.
- Open up Google Chrome Web Browser
- Type “drdcohen.ema.md” on the address bar and hit the enter button to open up the LOGIN page.
- Login using your login credentials. (Login USERNAMES should be identical to Usernames for Practicesuite. Set your password identical to your Practicesuite (or Vice Versa) to avoid confusion.
PATIENT QUICK SEARCH (EMA)
IMPORTANT: Perform a Patient Search before registering new patients to avoid creating duplicate accounts.
- Start by typing the patient’s LAST NAME in the “Patient Search” field located at the TOP of the page, next to the practice LOGO.
- EMA will suggest existing patient accounts matching the characters as you enter narrowing down to the exact match. (or NO match)
- Proceed to register a patient account if the search returned NO matching results.